Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dad will be in charge!

Tomorrow morning I am leaving my family...don't worry...only for five days. My 'best friend Ann Kimmel' (as she prefers to be called) and I are going to Washington DC tomorrow for FIVE DAYS WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITIES! I would say that 'what happens in DC, stays in DC' but 1.) we are too boring for that to be funny (except that neither of us is going to confess to the amazing eating that we will be doing) and 2.) from previous politicians' experience, we know that this isn't true.

Anyway, Dad will be in charge. If you see the girls wrestling him to the ground and stealing his stuff, please step in and save him! Actually, I am thankful to have one of those husbands that my grandmother considers some sort of super hero.

Every year Mark and I take a trip together, sans kiddos, and it restores the wonderful in our marriage. I am hoping that this trip will restore the wonderful in me!

Anyway, no pictures of kids for a few days. If you need an update, just call Laura and she will tell you that Ava thinks 'No, Laura, you're amazing!!!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true, my sweet amazing AVA!!!

Aly-Rae said...

I'm totally on board with the craving of pumpkin pie. That is so weird. I normally hae the stuff but when I'm pregnant I'll just get a bug up my butt about it. One night when I was pregnant with my third I got up after the evening news and I wanted a slice of pie so bad I actually made one at like 10:30pm!

I didn't know where to post that but I just had to tell you that.