Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Neighbor's Tree + Our Fence and Garage = Mess

Well, we had a bit of a wind storm (aka landlocked hurricane) during Charlotte and Mark's birthday party Sunday. Here's the math:

The Neighbor's Tree + Our Fence and Garage = Big Expensive Mess

Don't even get me started on what I've discovered about the homeowner's insurance industry. Turns out, if the tree falls onto your property, it is your problem! So, we're responsible for the damage to our property AND handling of any part of the tree that is on our property! If this were Charlotte typing, at this point you would see a bunch of this *&)@#()!@#&!!! (she knows bad words!) What you can't tell from the pictures, is that only about 1/3 of the tree is in our yard. This is a HUGE tree!

Anyway, Mark looked very manly sitting up on a high branch with a chainsaw. I felt much better when he was sitting up in that branch while our friend Zach helped out.

Ava, the generous and thoughful one, offered Daddy the toy chainsaw that Unka Sean gave to her a couple of Christmases ago. She said, "Daddy, I carried my chainsaw downstairs for you and gave it to Mama to get to you."












And, the other day (when we, of course, were going out in public) Ava insisted on dressing herself! For your viewing pleasure...


4 comments:

Ann Kimmel said...

I am sorry about the tree, the wind, the fence, and your garage.

But man, can Ava rock the outfit!!!!!

Dr. McB said...

I think all men secretly love an opportunity to get more power tools. I bet Mark loves the chainsaw!

D'Vine Missions said...

I think the outfit is fantastic and think Ava has a future in fashion design.

B

sarah true said...

tell ava I want to borrow her stockings. take the chainsaw to the homeowners insurance. ok ok... take ava's chainsaw to the insurance:)