Thursday, May 29, 2008

Slacker Mom...


Ok. Here's an update on the last month. We've been too busy living our life to blog about it!

So, at some point last month, Charlotte and I went to see Danielle and her family (really we went to see baby Havah, but we're going to act like we visited the rest of them. Really, though, we also wanted to have a little bit of time with my mom. It would be unkind to blog about what a 'mom thief' Danielle is, so I'll just let you know how much I love and need my mother and that she has been staying with Danielle and her crew since a week before Havah was born. Anyway, back to the point. Charlotte and I flew standby to Kansas City. Everything went fine on the way to Kansas City. We got on the first flight we tried for. Then, on the way back, we missed two flights! We spent hours in the airport (except for a quick trip to Taco Bueno (Mexican for heaven in a tortilla shell)). At the end of a twelve hour day of airports and airplanes, Charlotte was in my arms on the bus to the parking lot, flirting with everyone. She was making it very easy to smile.

Then two weeks later, the girls and I flew to California for a very important birthday party and a final San Diego visit with friends. Charlotte had obviously forgotten that she likes air travel because she wailed at least three of the three and a half hour flight from Minneapolis to San Diego. She wailed the entire return flight to Minneapolis, and then Ava wailed the following flight home to Cincinnati. It was eventful...



But, we had a wonderful time in California. The weather was sunny and mid-seventies, so we were happy. Below we are at the beach, looking at huge seals, sunning themselves.

At some point in the visit, the little girls were a little tired of sharing their toys, mommies and space. Ava and I decided to run out for some Krispy Kreme donuts! Ava loved the experience. She went out wearing her pj's, borrowed Crocs and a new Krispy Kreme hat. Here she is, holding the wonderfully delicious treats. We also spent about half an hour mindlessly wandering through a dollar store. I am always amazed at the things you can find at a dollar store. I found Ultra Brite toothpaste, which I'd just seen recommended in Consumer Reports as the best whitening toothpaste! Ava found some Play Dough toys...

We were all very glad to be home with Daddy a week later. It is amazing how wonderful home is!


By the way, when we got home, I asked Mark if he thought we should consider moving to San Diego. I talked about the wonderful desert air, the great weather, the beach. He said maybe we should move to Portland, OR! That must make sense in a man's mind...

No comments: