Thursday, May 29, 2008

Great Grandma came to visit!

Great Grandma came to visit...all of the way from West Chester, Ohio. For you foreigners, that is about 20 miles up the road.

Last Tuesday, we hiked North to grab my Grandmother. Ava totally loves Gram, and my grandmother's love and respect for me has increased greatly with the addition of Mark and my two darling daughters . Of course, my love for Gram increased because of the wonderful cherry pie she brought!

When Laura and I were children, my grandmother took us to the zoo quite often. So, when Gram came to our house, we headed to the zoo! Ava said, "Great Grandma, do you like the train?" "Great Grandma, do you like the zoo?"

Since we have a membership, we only went for a little while. We checked out the Gibbons, ate some lunch with this peacock, and rode the train! I almost beat up some rotten school children who were terrorizing the peacock. Instead, I had a talk with Ava about the way we treat God's creations...except bugs!





Addition: I have been telling Ava that Mark is her Dada and my husband. I thought we had the concept of husband down until, one afternoon as we were getting ready for a nap, Ava said, "I love Great Grandma. She's my husband."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Angela I love you!!!!! haha!!!!

Jill said...

I just read your latest posts. You are a great narrator! You make me chuckle :)

Anonymous said...

I will take those two humans in that picture.....okay i'll take the darn bird also. laura