Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Girls Are Getting So Big...without permission of course!




My little girls are getting so big! While we were in California, Ava stopped wearing diapers. She won't even go potty in the potty chair! She wants to use the toilet. She is actually happy to use all of the toilets, everywhere we go! I can see that she feels very big about all of this. An interesting thing happened yesterday, though. A four year old girl who was playing at our house yesterday afternoon realized that Ava wasn't wearing diapers. As she questioned me a little to get the whole story, I could see Ava growing up in her eyes, too. She asked questions to find out exactly how 'potty trained' Ava was, and as Ava kept passing the tests, it was obvious that Ava's position in the hierarchy was changing. It is so interesting to see how kids evaluate each other...

Then, last Monday, my baby started crawling. It was the beginning of a week of unauthorized moves by Charlotte.

Charlotte had been doing very difficult and intricate push ups for weeks. She'd get up on her hands and tip-toes and do some odd V thing with her body. I tried it...it wasn't comfortable at all!
Then, suddenly she moved across the floor. So, that is fine. I can probably survive that.
THEN...

On Friday, twice while I wasn't looking, Charlotte moved herself into a sitting position! It was just the two of us because Ava was snoozing, so I know she was doing it by herself...I just didn't know how. Come to find out, Dada is an evil conspirator! He had been teaching Charlotte these tricks! I had a very direct talk with him that almost resulted in 'ti-MOUT' as Ava calls it.

So, I don't know why I was surprised when Charlotte started pulling herself up to a standing position by Monday.

LISTEN UP! Charlotte is my baby! Don't teach her tricks, don't encourage any growth, just coo at her like she is a baby! Otherwise you could jeapordize our friendship!




2 comments:

sarah true said...

charlotte can do downward dog

Unknown said...

too bad my son wasn't around her... you'd have to be friends with him because he is just too dang cute!!!!! :)