
This morning Ava has been painting. It is such a thrilling/scary endeavor. It is great to watch her creativity. She is learning about the colors and the way paint works on paper. She identifies the shapes and letters that I paint on her paper...almost before I can complete them!
It is scary when she pulls a paint soaked brush out of the paint cup and wields it like a sword. Paint splatters on the floor (thank God for the plastic mat we keep below the easel), on her smock (which is never big enough to cover her clothes), and on me if I don't dodge fast enough.
I think we're going to mail this one to Danielle and her gang. We can't get to them any time soon...so this will remind them of us!
2 comments:
you have a little jackson pollock on your hands!
Too small smock? See, that is why my boys always paint in their underwear! :)
Post a Comment