Friday, June 20, 2008

Child prodigy or naughty girl...

You occasionally have these 'mom' moments where you are a little unsure of what your response is supposed to be. You are torn between proud and mad or sad and glad. Well, this morning Ava and I had one of those moments!

I walked into the dining room to find Ava putting the lid back on a black Sharpie marker. We had a discussion about who uses mommy's markers, then she said, "I made an M!" She said, "Look, mom. I made an M."

I looked over at her art easel and sure enough, there was an M on the paper in fresh, black marker. What was I supposed to say? What would you have said?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want us to send her some crayons? Clearly, the poor girl must be deprived if she has to scrounge around for materials with which to display her natural talents. M. Hmmm. Is that M for Miss Melanie? M for McBride? M for "Move to California"?

Norwood Mama said...

Today she corrected a cousin who thought M was for Megan. M is for Mom, Ava said!

Ann Kimmel said...

Geniuses are always misunderstood. Tell Ava to call me. I'll talk her through it.

(By the way, "M" stands for "Man, I wish mom would take me to Nashville...")

Kiss those daughter-in-laws for me!!!!