Friday, April 18, 2008

Visiting with Friends

I cannot believe that we are taking a break from our darling Havah, but here goes...

This week we visited with friends. On Tuesday we went downtown to have lunch with Aunt Linda (Ava calls her Winna, and if you correct her we will no longer be friends). We went to Skyline - a favorite of all of us. Ava ate most of Winna's crackers and almost none of her hot dog! We try to spend time with Winna as often as possible. She is a favorite!

Since we so rarely make it downtown, we decided to do some visiting. We stopped in to visit a friend at her office. The lawyers in the building probably think that it is their office, but what do they know?!? So, we saw the wonderful Linda Brubaker and pictures of her darling God children. Linda is a sweet, darling person that I met in a former life. We used to try to sort out the nonsense that was created by those who would boss us around!

Truly, though, Linda is delightful and really interesting. She is a hockey fan, a baby lover, a world traveler and a wonderful cook. If you are sick or having a baby, I would definitely let her know. She brought a delicious homemade fried chicken dinner to us when Charlotte was born. And she has given us cookies twice. She is the one who gave Ava a cookie making kit when Charlotte was born. Very clever. I like her a lot and am really thankful to know her. She is one of those people who is so full of joy that you can hear it in her voice. Praise God for Linda!


(Yes, that is Charlotte's tongue. We have put all of her toys away, because that is her favorite thing to play with. It spends no time in her mouth...it is hanging out all of the time. Actually, her tongue is quite amazing. She can curl it in the funniest ways...while her eyes laugh the whole time!)

Then today we got to spend time with the (mostly former) Green girls and the only Green grandchild. If you know any of the Green girls, you probably have a place in your heart for them. They are loving, fun sisters who I have known for years. They are creative, smart and pretty. I love it that they walk into my house and feel at home. They don't sit on the couch to be polite, they sit on the floor to snuggle and tickle babies. It would be nice if they weren't so busy with their own lives...they could be in my living room a lot more! Caiden is the only boy in the picture below. He is Kalla's darling boy. He is about 6 weeks older than Charlotte, but thinks he's about 2 years older. He is a smiley little boy who crawls, stands, pulls on things and charms you while he does what you just told him not to. We'd definitely have kept him!

By the way, that baby in the rocking chair is Big Baby, a doll from my childhood. She is almost as big as Ava, so we're not always sure who is carrying whom. Please don't ask Ava what the doll's name is. People keep saying, "Ava, what is big baby's name?" Ava looks at them with one of those 'Hello, isn't it obvious' looks, because big baby's name is Big Baby...not to be confused with the little baby. Her name is Little Baby.

4 comments:

B Partridge said...

Angela I too had so much fun hanging out with you and your girls! It is so amazing to see how big Ava is getting...seems like only yesterday you were pregnant with her and Charlotte is a beautiful baby!

Norwood Mama said...

Betsy - I am so glad that you came. It was such a treat to have all of the Green girls together and all to myself!!!

Dr. McB said...

Kira looked at your picture, and knew right away that you were having a "party!"

A Cincy Mama said...

Hi! It's funny...I was going to comment on your blog and then got interrupted. When I came back, you'd left one on mine! You have got it right about Linda. We just LOVE her and are so thankful for her presence in our lives. I could sing her praises all day long. I am excited to see your blog and hear the stories of another Cincy Mama. I'll be back!