Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ava's New Best Friend and Her New Favorite Treat!!


Yesterday as I was working on dinner (no lie!), Ava made a new friend. She was rooting around in the cabinet as usual, when she comes out with a container of parmesan cheese. She carried that silly cheese around for at least 30 minutes, talking the whole time. Then, she's quiet for a moment, so I turn around to check her out. She is lying down on the kitchen rug with her arm wrapped around the cheese container, playing 'night-night'. Funny little girl. She should really get out more! Or it could just be that she is taking a page from the Tony Buxsel handbook - you can only truly count on cheese...and Jesus!


Ava and I are now soul sisters. We have the same favorite food - no, not peas or black beans! It's ice cream! I am the president of the 'Ice Cream Is The Best Food Ever' club, and now Ava is a member. Lately, I've occasionally been giving her a cone with about two tablespoons of vanilla ice cream in it for a snack. I sit on the bench in the kitchen and eat a cone at the same time. She watches me carefully to learn how to correctly eat ice cream. It is so cute to watch her lick the cone like mama, making her little tongue pointy to get around the corners and catch drips. She does, however, come by this love of ice cream honestly. When I was pregnant with Ava, I'd stop at UDF (United Dairy Farmers for you foreigners) as often as possible for an ice cream cone breakfast. I believed that the early morning shift made bigger cones because they didn't have to 'scoop' as often. I no longer believe that this is true. I would also stop for a Diary Queen dipped cone on the drive home from work. There was a drive-thru Dairy Queen at an exit off I-75, and while the service was horrible, I still did my best to keep them in business. I guess the horrible service finally killed them, though. They're gone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ava has such soulful eyes and cute, wispy curls. Lucky girl!
I really like the cone/snack idea, but Kira won't eat ice cream. I could probably plop some yogurt in there, and it would still be a fun snack. Or, she loves peanut butter.
Does Ava want to come visit us California girls? We miss her! She could bring her Mama, too!
Oh, wait, you might be busy with little sister. When is she going to get here? I can't wait too much longer to see how adorable she is. :-)