Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catch up...

I know. According to my mother, we are tragic blog neglectors...but so are all of you! So, here's my update. You'd better update, too. Otherwise I'll tell my mom where you live, and she'll show up at your door (without her sewing machine).

Ava calls this doll 'big girl', but when Aunt Sandy was over this morning, I think we named her Betsy. There is something written in German on her dress, but we don't know what it is. Maybe Pete will know!
















Wednesday nights are 'Aunt Lynda Nights'! Lynda comes over to read books, play, put the girls to bed, and let mom and dad to go their Reset group (bible study). Last week Ava told Lynda that she didn't have to obey, but this week Ava was so into Lynda. She brought her pretend drinks, acted caring and sweet, and showed her where the lotion is kept. Lynda is very special to us.















Ann and Ladonna came to help mom paint for the weekend. Ann brought baby dolls, baby blankets, baby bottles, pacifiers, and rockin' cool pink camouflage bags for carrying it all. Ava wasn't sure that her baby liked the bottle, so she nursed her...with her Boppy (travel neck pillow). Actually a couple of weeks ago a friend was over and fed her baby some formula in a bottle. Ave kept asking, "Is that milk good for the baby?" Funny little hippie Ava. She also knows about cloth diapers, slings and composting. Sarah Gilles would be so proud!




















And, we've had some nicer weather. Charlotte wouldn't hold still for a picture - story of her life - but Ava was a doll!



























2 comments:

Dr. McB said...

I love the picture of Charlie. She looks almost big enough to be a big sister! Sigh . . . Don't they know that they are supposed to stay little forever?

Ann Kimmel said...

Couple of thoughts...
1. Don't tease about Kathy Wheeler showing up on my doorstep. I will seriously shut down my blog for that.

2. Please make note in your next blog update that I am actually a real fashionista with great hair and make up but you caught me in my off moment with Ava-Roo.

3. EVERYBODY loves Aunt Lynda! (She knows the best ob-gyn!)

4. I miss you and your girls already! Every time my boys ask for a drink, I wait for them to make the pigeon, I mean dove, sound for "cup". I love those girls!!!