This is an early shot of the garden. The sugar snap peas, the spinach and the lettuce were doing great. The green beans were consistently eaten by something (I think I'm buying a BB gun...or Patrick, may I have one of yours?). The onions weren't very impressive, but next year I'm going to do them the way my Uncle Jack does. He just sort of sets them on top of the dirt. He is a blind, master gardener. He has the most amazing garden each year...with about 15 different sorts of tomatoes. AND, even blind, he can tell where the best blackberries are in the woods on his property!
This picture is to demonstrate the success of our tomato plants and the herbs. If stretched up - and I am not quite tall enough to do it - the tomato plants are at least seven feet tall! Sean said that I watered them too much. They didn't always ripen as quickly as we thought they should. Who knows!?! They're sure to be a little neglected next year!

This was our final harvest (except the herbs, which I'll handle this week). Everything ended up in a plastic buggy with Baby Brother. I don't know if I've mentioned Baby Brother before, but it is very important that you know that Baby Brother is a girl. I am waiting until after our ultrasound to handle this one. We are definitely have a 'baby brother'. It is yet to be determined whether our 'baby brother' will be male or female!

Here's Ava eating a tomato from our garden. She actually claims to only like yellow tomatoes. The only other yellow tomatoes she has had were sweet, ripe ones from my grandmother's cherry tomato plant. This one is a 'not quite ripe' one from our garden. I can't imagine that it was any good, especially to someone her age. At this point in our garden, the tomatoes are really tart!

9 comments:
That garden is inspirational!
when do we find out what "baby brother" is?
I want to eat Ava. I want Ava on my pizza.
I love the garden! I may try that next spring...
Now as far as Ava and her tomato thing...maybe if you gave the girl a Big Mac now and again she wouldn't have to scavenge for food. Of course, in case of a nuclear attack, she will stay nice and plump living off the fat of the land!
Love her!!!!!!
Come to my house and you can go with aunt laura and I WILL BUY YOU 2 of them, and then we will say THANK YOU JESUS FOR THE GREAT TOMATO!!!!!!!!
A point of clarification... it wasnt overwatering, it was probably inconsistent watering, too much one time, too little the next, with a span of time in between. Cracking is usually that.
Thatbeing said, We LOVED the herbs you set. I just made pizza sauce with the oregano, made garlic lemon rosemary chicken, and the basil was put to good use. We let the tomoatoes ripen and chopped them on our pizza.
Yu are hired. We will see you out here in spring to plant us our square foor garden. And then ava can go on our pizza.
Just a sec. . . can Sean come live at our house? I could give him some herbs, if he will cook us a feast! (He can bring his girls. They look fun, too!)
Wynah says...
Oh Ava girl I just love you bunches
Thank you Jesus for Ava!
Post a Comment